This metadata document complies to North American Profile of ISO19115:2003 - Geographic information - Metadata. You can also get this document in
. For more information about this standard, visit http://nap.geogratis.gc.ca/
This dataset designates the bedrock vulnerability to surface contamination in Mirabel area. The study area located northwest of Montreal, includes four regional county municipalities: Argenteuil, Deux-Montagnes, Mirabel and Therese-De-Blainville. The vulnerability is assessed using the DRASTIC method. The low vulnerability areas are located where the clay sequences are thick. The low vulnerability areas count for 65% of the study area. The rest of the study area (35%), designating recharge areas and fractured bedrock outcrops, shows a high vulnerability.
The purpose is to determinate the vulnerability of the aquifer from the available information.
Metadata are available in those languages (You can use language menu item in the top menu bar to switch language):